Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions: Mercedes-Benz Vito Test Drive Competition
1. The promoter is Mercedes-Benz New Zealand Limited, 9 Pacific Rise, Mt Wellington, Auckland, 1060 ("Promoter").
2. Entry into this Competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions of entry in relation to the Competition.
3. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
4. Subject to paragraph 6, entry is open to all New Zealand residents. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or its dealerships are ineligible to enter. Employees of government departments and agencies are also ineligible to enter.
5. The Promotion commences on Wednesday, 3 January 2018 and closes at 5.00pm on Saturday, 31 March 2018 (“Promotion Period”).
6. To enter, entrants must do the following within the Promotion Period:
Vito Test Drive Competition: Test drive a new Mercedes-Benz Vito or Valente van at any of the participating Mercedes-Benz dealerships in New Zealand, within the Promotion Period and fill in a test drive form in the form provided ("Competition"). The entry for the competition is limited to 1 per person.
7. The Prize is as follows:
Vito Test Drive Competition: The prize is a holiday voucher to the value of $10,000.00. The winner must use the voucher by 31 July 2019.
8. Prize not transferable or redeemable for cash, and will therefore only be issued to the person named on the winning entry form.
9. Valid entries are completed when countersigned by the dealership and submitted to the Promoter. The competition winner will be drawn from all valid entries received by the Promoter by 5.00pm Wednesday, 4 April 2018. The draw will occur on Thursday, 5 April 2018 at Mercedes-Benz New Zealand Limited, 9 Pacific Rise, Mount Wellington, Auckland.
10. The winner will be notified by email and/or phone before 5.00pm, Friday, 6 April 2018. If the winner cannot be contacted by that time, or the winner is unable to redeem the prize for whatever reason, the entries will be re-drawn. No compensation will be payable to a winner who cannot be contacted or who cannot redeem the Prize for whatever reason.
11. Where the person entering into this Competition has test driven on behalf of a private company, the entrant confirms by entering into the Competition that he or she has the permission of the business owner to take part in this Competition. The winner will be required to provide written authority from their employer to claim this prize, if the winner had test driven on behalf of a private company.
12. Unless explicitly stated in the prize summary at paragraph 7 all costs incurred by the winner, and any other expenses incurred while redeeming the prize, will be at the expense of the winner.
13. In accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use such footage and photographs in all media (including the Promoter's Facebook page) and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winner may be required to confirm their agreement to these terms and conditions again before receiving the prize.
14. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that:
a. the competition is administered by the Promoter;
b. the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook;
c. he or she is providing the information to the Promoter and not to Facebook; and
d. to the fullest extent permitted by law, Facebook (including its officers, employees, and agents), will not be liable in any way (including negligence) for any loss or damage (including the loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
15. The Promoter expressly reserves the right to resolve any discrepancies, disputes or otherwise unforeseen circumstances as it deems fit and the Promoter's decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter expressly reserves the right to change or alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to any entrant who the Promoter (in its sole discretion) believes has gained an unfair advantage in participating in the Competition or won using fraudulent means.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries.
17. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered by any entrant or winner (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for any personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of taking any prize, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
18. If the Competition is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including unauthorised intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) in its sole discretion to cancel the Competition or to disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process. Entrant’s personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to administer the Competition and publicise its winner(s). The personal information of the winner may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the Competition, including the Competition administrator, and prize suppliers and deliverers. Persons may contact the Promoter by post at the address set out in paragraph 1 to request access to, or correction of, any of their collected personal information that is held by the Promoter. If an entrant does not provide accurate personal information the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win the prize.